Yoga & Meditation
Born in India, almost 26,000 years ago, Yoga is believed to have evolved during the period of the ‘Sat Yuga’, also called the Golden age.
The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ which essentially means to join or unite. The union referred to is that of the individual self uniting with Cosmic Consciousness or the Universal Spirit. Yoga is a means to achieving this goal.
Yoga is therapeutic for many injuries and medical conditions. Yoga therapy can provide relief from stress, as well as many other mental and physical ailments, it includes many types: Hatha yoga, power yoga, Bikram yoga (yoga in a heated room), Lu Yong Yoga, Dru Yoga, Raja Yoga and Bhakti Yoga.
Yogic exercises recharge the body with cosmic energy, this facilitates:
- Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony
- Promotes self- healing.
- Removes negative blocks from the mind and toxins from the body
- Enhances Personal power
- Increases self-awareness
- Helps in attention focus and concentration, especially important for children
- Reduces stress and tension in the physical body by activating the parasympathetic nervous system
Practicing yoga helps an individual to develop a state of mind which is positive or benevolent towards one and others. Salama Ayurveda organizes yoga under the guidance of qualified yoga therapist. You can book individually or in groups (guided by a professional)
Meditation, which has been practiced for thousands of years, is an effective means of treating stress and managing pain. There are hundreds of meditation techniques, most of which fall into one of two categories: concentrative and mindfulness. Salama Ayurveda holds regular meditation sessions and lectures free of all faiths or pressure. We offer two main ways to meditate:
- The purpose of breathing meditation is to calm the mind and develop inner peace, to stop distractions and make our mind clearer and more lucid.
- Loving Kindness Meditation, All living beings deserve to be cherished because of the tremendous kindness they have shown us. All our temporary and ultimate happiness arises through their kindness. Even our body is the result of the kindness of others.
Of course, participation is entirely voluntary. We offer these activities for guests who are interested in their intellectual curiosity and increase their knowledge and experience.
Salama Ayurveda also offers the possibility to mosques and churches in the area …